How to avoid fraud on Adaalo
Adaalo does not provide shipping and payment services..
Buyer and seller interactions & negotiations are the responsibility of the parties involved.
It is up to users to determine the transaction mode, place and payment method.
We do recommend that you buy from and/or sell to a local user so that you can meet the individual in person.
How to Spot A Fraudulent Buyer and/or Seller:
- * Asks you to wire money into on international account (e.g. Western Union, Escrow, online money transfer etc.
- * Unclear item details.
- * Consistently avoids answering phone calls or chats.
- * Continuously provides excuses about why you haven't received an item.
- * Sells an expensive and popular item at a suspiciously low price.
- * Tries to convince you to communicate outside of Adaalo by listing their email address or their web page address in the item's description.
Remember: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.